|IL DIVO "Papalin" --- Papalin's Music Performances||[日本語] [English]|
|Home||>||Jacques Paisible (ca.1656-1721)|
Jacques Paisible (ca.1656-1721), also known as James Peasable or James Paisible, was a French baroque composer and recorder virtuoso who lived and worked in London for about forty years.
Paisible arrived in London from France in September 1673, one of the four oboists among the musicians accompanying Robert Cambert. He married Moll Davis, singer and mistress of Charles II, in 1682. He made his living playing the bass violin and composing theater music. He developed a reputation as a first-rate performer on the recorder. Most of his surviving compositions use the recorder in various combinations. His music has been characterized as "craftsmanlike and idiomatic, with no virtuoso pretensions."
Paisible was a contemporary of Henry Purcell (1659–1695), one of England's great composers, and long outlived him in years, if not in reputation. [Wikipedia]
Jacques Paisible (ca.1656-1721)
high / normal / low ; * Time: 11:27; * Released: 2019-7-9
* Play: high / normal / low ; * Time: 05:18; * Released: 2019-7-9 (J)
* Play: high / normal / low ; * Time: 06:09; * Released: 2019-7-10 (J)
* Please use navigation at top of this page to return to top page.
* Songs in this page can be played using Adobe Flash, Windows Media(R) Player ,QuickTime Player, iPad/iPhone/iPod touch, Android. * Please refer links in top page about the players.
* normal/low/high on `play' button represents transfer bit rates. Please select higher bit rate to play with high quality sound.