|IL DIVO "Papalin" --- Papalin's Music Performances||[日本語] [English]|
|Home||>||Jacques Arcadelt (c1505-1568)||>||Il primo libro de' madrigali à4 voci|
Jacques Arcadelt (also Jacob Arcadelt; c. 1507 – 14 October 1568) was a Franco-Flemish composer of the Renaissance, active in both Italy and France, and principally known as a composer of secular vocal music. Although he also wrote sacred vocal music, he was one of the most famous of the early composers of madrigals; his first book of madrigals, published within a decade of the appearance of the earliest examples of the form, was the most widely printed collection of madrigals of the entire era. In addition to his work as a madrigalist, and distinguishing him from the other prominent early composers of madrigals – Philippe Verdelot and Costanzo Festa – he was equally prolific and adept at composing chansons, particularly late in his career when he lived in Paris.
Arcadelt was the most influential member of the early phase of madrigal composition, the "classic" phase; it was through Arcadelt's publications, more than those of any other composer, that the madrigal became known outside of Italy. Later composers considered Arcadelt's style to represent an ideal; later reprints of his first madrigal book were often used for teaching, with reprints appearing more than a century after its original publication.
* Released: 2013-7-2;
Il primo libro de' madrigali à4 voci
* Play: high / normal / low ; * Time: 04:10; * Released: 2013-7-2 (J)
1. Il bianco e dolce cigno (Male Chorus)
* Play: high / normal / low ; * Time: 02:05; * Played: 257 (J)
* Please use navigation at top of this page to return to top page.
* Songs in this page can be played using Adobe Flash, Windows Media(R) Player, QuickTime Player, iPad/iPhone/iPod touch, Android. * Please refer links in top page about the players.
* normal/low/high on `play' button represents transfer bit rates. Please select higher bit rate to play with high quality sound.