|IL DIVO "Papalin" --- Papalin's Music Performances||[日本語] [English]|
|Home||>||Luca Marenzio (c1553-1599)||>||Madrigal à5|
Luca Marenzio (also Marentio) (October 18, 1553 or 1554 - August 22, 1599) was an Italian composer and singer of the late Renaissance. He was one of the most renowned composers of madrigals, and wrote some of the most famous examples of the form in its late stage of development, prior to its early Baroque transformation by Monteverdi. In all, Marenzio wrote around 500 madrigals, ranging from the lightest to the most serious styles, packed with word-painting, chromaticism, and other characteristics of the late madrigal style. Marenzio was influential as far away as England, where his earlier, lighter work appeared in 1588 in the Musica Transalpina, the collection that initiated the madrigal craze in that country. Marenzio worked in the service of several aristocratic Italian families, including the Gonzaga, Este, and Medici, and spent most of his career in Rome. (Wikipedia)
* Released: 2014-7-14;
Solo e pensoso (arranged by Marylin Wailes)
* Play: high / normal / low ; * Time: 02:52; * Played: 261 (J)
Solo e pensoso (arranged by Victor Eijkhout)
* Play: high / normal / low ; * Time: 04:07; * Played: 375 (J)
* Please use navigation at top of this page to return to top page.
* Songs in this page can be played using Adobe Flash, Windows Media(R) Player, QuickTime Player, iPad/iPhone/iPod touch, Android. * Please refer links in top page about the players.
* normal/low/high on `play' button represents transfer bit rates. Please select higher bit rate to play with high quality sound.