|IL DIVO "Papalin" --- Papalin's Music Performances||[日本語] [English]|
|Home||>||Giles Farnaby (c1563-1640)||>||Recorder Quartets for Begners / edited by Kitamika Fumio|
Giles Farnaby (c.1563 - November 1640) was an English composer and virginalist of the Renaissance and Baroque periods.
Farnaby is considered one of the great English virginalists, together with William Byrd, John Bull, Orlando Gibbons, Peter Philips and Thomas Tomkins among others. Unlike them however, he is the only one not to have been a professional musician.
His best known works are included in the Fitzwilliam Virginal Book, which contains 52 of his pieces. Notable among them are 11 fantasias, a wonderful and technically demanding set of variations called Woody-Cock, and short but charming descriptive pieces such as Giles Farnabys Dreame, His Rest, Farnabyes Conceit and His Humour. There are also four pieces by his son, Richard. His entire keyboard works and a biography are available in a modern edition.
In addition to his keyboard compositions, Farnaby also composed madrigals, canzonets and psalms.
* Released: 2013-7-23;
Recorder Quartets for Begners / edited by Kitamika Fumio
* Play: high / normal / low ; * Time: 01:07; * Released: 2013-7-25
The Old Spagnoletta / Giles Farnaby (ca.1560-1600)
* Play: high / normal / low ; * Time: 01:07; * Played: 1,120 (J)
* Please use navigation at top of this page to return to top page.
* Songs in this page can be played using Adobe Flash, Windows Media(R) Player, QuickTime Player, iPad/iPhone/iPod touch, Android. * Please refer links in top page about the players.
* normal/low/high on `play' button represents transfer bit rates. Please select higher bit rate to play with high quality sound.